Medical Laboratory Technician Associate Degree Program
Over 350 jobs listed on Indeed.com*
We are ABHES accredited and our students are eligible to sit for the ASCP exam as well as the AMT exam.
Medical Lab Technicians are on the front line analyzing COVID-19 specimens (read our latest blog about MLT).
What Is a Medical Lab Technician?
- Receiving, processing and safely storing laboratory samples.
- Perform lab tests and recording test results on samples.
- Staying current on scientific advances in the field.
- Maintaining equipment to produce consistent and quality results.
What Career Options Are Available as a Medical Lab Technician?
- Health Centers
- Animal Health and Veterinary Services
- Physician Groups
- Physician Groups
- And Many More!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians is projected to grow 7% in the US from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Medical Lab Technician Program
- Provide a background in chemistry, hematology, phlebotomy, immunology, parasitology and microbiology.
- Introduce students to the work environment through an externship in healthcare.
- Prepare students to sit for the American Medical Technologists (AMT) Certification Credentialing Exam for Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT).
- Learn general education courses necessary to meet the requirements of an associate degree program.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 18 months (Medical Assistants, Patient Care Technicians and others in the Medical Field could complete the program in just 12 months. Contact us for additional information.)
Find Out More
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2012.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 4/23/21.
*371 MLT Jobs listed for Rockford, Il, 100 mile radius, retrieved 9/1/2021
#college #labtech #labtechnician #medicallabtech #ASCP #AMT #CSP #rockfordcareercollege #rccrocks