Construction Management Associate Degree Program
Construction Market Sees Quick Rebound in Homebuilding*
Upon completion of a diploma program, students are eligible to enroll in an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program. Diploma programs are designed to help students begin work in their chosen field. Our AAS programs go beyond by allowing students to develop general education skill sets (in areas such as English, History and Math) and complete an advanced level of course work in their chosen field. As long as they have completed a diploma program or a specific number of credit hours from a related concentration, students may begin an AAS program anytime, even at night while they work. All of our AAS completion programs are 100% online.
What Is Construction Management?
- Oversight of a project’s schedule.
- Interpreting blueprints.
- Budget and quality management of construction site’s development.
- Maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring the safety of your team.
What Career Options Are Available in Construction Management?
- Hi-Rise Apartments
- Sports Stadiums and Gyms
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Construction Managers is expected to increase by 9% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Construction Management AAS Program
- Advanced techniques for project planning and contract management.
- In-depth analysis of quality control and project supervision.
- Dedicated study of crew leadership and safety management.
- General education course work to meet the requirements of an associate degree.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length – 7 Months
Find Out More
100% of the program is online
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/11-9021.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 4/14/21.
This program includes courses in construction management, best practices and procedural issues facing today’s trades and construction management professional. General education courses are included to meet the requirements of an associate degree program. This program also includes a course in digital communication strategies that provide you with an opportunity to explore current social media and its use in a professional setting.
Construction managers plan, direct and coordinate various construction trades projects, often overseeing the work of subcontractors. Construction managers often participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation.
As the economy improves and construction picks up, trained managers will be more and more in demand. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Construction Managers in Illinois are expected to increase 7% between 2016 and 2026.1
1onetonline.org/link/summary/11-9021.00, retrieved 5/5/2020
Rockford, Illinois Campus Only