Accounting & Payroll Clerk Diploma Program
100% of the program is online - At Rockford Career College, learning online doesn’t mean learning alone. Read how we support our students.
What is an Accounting & Payroll Clerk?
- Auditing, processing and recording inbound and outbound transactions.
- Processing payments and ensuring P&L inputs are correct.
- Ensuring payroll information is accurate by collecting, calculating and entering data.
- Verifying timekeeping information for hourly employees.
- Calculating taxes and deductions for products or services rendered.
Without Accounting Clerks employees would not be paid, materials could not be purchased and the business as a whole could not operate financially.
What Career Options are Available as an Accounting & Payroll Clerk?
- Public & Private Businesses
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Law Firms
- And much more
According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook, employment in administrative services will grow 6% in the US from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in an Accounting & Payroll Clerk Program
- Practice & System Fundamentals
- Laws & Regulations
- Payroll Processes and Procedures
- Payroll Accounting
- Computerized Accounting
- Income Tax Accounting
- And Other Business Related Topics
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length – 7 Months
Find Out More
After you complete the Accounting & Payroll Clerk Diploma program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Business Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 14 months total to get an associate degree.
100% of the program is online
Courses address Payroll: Practices and System Fundamentals, Laws and Regulations, Payroll Processes and Procedures, Payroll Accounting
Additional courses include: Computerized Accounting, Income Tax Accounting and other courses to meet business goals.
Students are encouraged to obtain entry-level employment as a payroll clerk, accounting clerk, bookkeeper or related field.