Diagnostic Medical Sonography Associate Degree Program
|The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program – Abdomen Extended and – Obstetrics Gynecology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).|
What Is Sonography?
- Using ultrasound waves to create a picture of the body.
- Using highly advanced technology and staying on top of the latest trends.
- Evaluating the size, shape and density of tissue to diagnose medical conditions.
- Monitor fetal growth during pregnancy.
What Career Options Are Available in Sonography?
- Physician Offices
- Medical Clinics
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers is expected to increase by 19% between 2020 and 2030.1
What You Will Learn in a Sonography AAS Program
- Perform general sonography on the abdomen, superficial structures and segments of the vascular system.
- Conduct diagnostic sonographic examination of pregnant and non-pregnant pelvis, fetal structures and fetal measurements.
- General education course work to meet the requirements of an associate degree.
Upon successful completion of the program, you could acquire the RT (S) (Registered Technologist-Sonography) in Abdomen and Obstetrics by passing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) exam. This credential could open additional doors to employment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 19 months
Find Out More
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2032.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 1/10/2022.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography -- Class of 2021
Credential Pass rate: