Patient Care Technician Diploma Program
Patient Care Technician Diploma Program
This program has been converted to a hybrid format incorporating online instruction with on-campus instruction for hands-on components. Please contact the school for program specifics and safety guidance and protocols.
Enrollment and financial aid can be done from home. Use your time wisely and enroll today.
What Is a Patient Care Technician?
- Providing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of a certified nurse.
- Obtaining and documenting patient vital signs, performing phlebotomy or charting electrocardiograms (ECGs).
- Overseeing patients compete rehabilitation activities.
- Setup the healthcare environment for new patient deliveries.
- Help patients improve healthcare outcomes and improve lives.
What Career Options Are Available as a Patient Care Technician?
- Physician Offices
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Hospice Care
- Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Phlebotomistsis expected to increase by 17% between 2019 and 2029.1
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 19% between 2019 and 2029.2
What You Will Learn in a Patient Care Technician Program
- General Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Heathcare
- Healthcare Settings for Nursing Assistants
- Nursing Assistant Skills and Patient Care
- Nursing Assistant Administration
- Emergency Room Technician
- Medical Ethics and Documentation
- Principles and Practices of Hemodialysis
- Dialysis Technology and Devices
- Patient Care: Treatment and Care of Kidney Failure
- Patient Care Technician Clinical Externship
- Student Success Strategies
- Professional Success Strategies
Upon successful completion of our Patient Care Technician Diploma Program, you have the ability to sit for the Patient Care Technician exam by the National Healthcare Association.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program Length - 11 months
Find Out More
After you complete the Patient Care Technician Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 18 months total to get an associate degree.
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9097.00, retrieved 4/8/2021
2 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00, retrieved 4/8/2021
General Anatomy and Physiology
Introduction to Heath Care
Healthcare Settings for Nursing Assistants
Nursing Assistant Skills and Patient Care
Nursing Assistant Administration
Emergency Room Technician
Medical Ethics and Documentation
Principles and Practices of Hemodialysis
Dialysis Technology and Devices
Patient Care: Treatment and Care of Kidney Failure
Patient Care Technician Clinical Externship
Student Success Strategies
Professional Success Strategies
Job title options: Nurse Assistant, EKG Technician, Phlebotomist or other options.