Medical Assistant / X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) Diploma Program
|Students are eligible to take the ARRT Limited Scope Radiography Board Exam at the completion of our RCC Program.|
What is a Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope)?
- Working alongside physicians and nurses to provide administrative support.
- Measuring and recording vital signs.
- Ensuring stellar patient experiences through appointment scheduling, cleansing rooms and processing client data.
- In some cases, obtaining patient samples.
- Helping patients improve healthcare outcomes and improve lives.
- Operating diagnostic imagery devices to produce x-rays such as CT scans or MRIs.
- Preparing patients for imaging procedures.
- Maintaining equipment and ensuring quality scans are achieved.
- Work closely with medical staff to supply superior treatment to patients.
What Career Options Are Available as a Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope)?
- Diagnostic Labs
- Urgent Care Centers
- And Many More!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 19% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) Program
- Overview both clerical and clinical best practices and skills.
- Introduce medical technology needed for x-ray imaging.
- Develop medical communication and critical thinking.
- Includes a 170-hour externship designed to gain hands-on experience.
- Real-life examples of common challenges in the healthcare world.
Upon successful completion of the program, you have the ability to sit for your medical assistant certification. Recognized by the American Medical Technologists (AMT), this certification could open additional doors to employment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 12 months
Find Out More
After you complete the Medical Assistant / X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Medical Assistant / X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) Associate Degree Program completion program. That's only 19 months total to get an associate degree
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 4/23/21.