Addiction Counseling Technician Diploma Program
100% of the program is online
What Is Addiction Counseling?
- Overseeing individual or group therapy focused on addiction recovery and behavioral improvements.
- Providing emotional support for individuals.
- Helping patients navigate the various stages of addiction recovery.
- Being a constant supporting shoulder and mentor.
What Career Options Are Available as an Addiction Counseling Technician?
- Addiction Centers
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Outpatient Recovery
- At Home Care
- And other environments
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors is projected to grow 16% in Illinois from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in an Addiction Counseling Technician Program
- Learn and apply theories of addiction, substance assessment, and counseling techniques.
- Apply ethics and boundary considerations and practice an understanding of diversity and tolerance for others.
- Develop motivational interviewing skills.
- Understand the neurobiology of addiction, family addiction dynamics, and special population considerations in addiction counseling.
- Demonstrate knowledge of group process, case management, crisis intervention, trauma and recovery, and vocational rehabilitation.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Ms. Bell stated that someone who had the background that this program will provide and was certified would be very desirable to hire.
Empowered for Excellence
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 9 months
Find Out More
100% of the program is online
After you complete the Addiction Counseling Technician Diploma Program, you could continue with our 5-Month online Addiction Counseling AAS program at Stautzenberger College (Rockford Career College is a Branch Campus of Stautzenberger College-Maumee).
That's only 14 months total to get an associate degree.
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/21-1011.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 3/2/21.
At the completion of this program, students should be able to:
• Learn and apply theories of addiction, substance assessment, and counseling techniques.
• Practice an understanding of diversity and tolerance for others. Apply ethics and boundary considerations when working and interacting with people in addiction counseling.
• Gain counseling skills including motivational interviewing.
• Understand the neurobiology of addiction, family addiction dynamics, and special population considerations in addiction counseling.
• Demonstrate knowledge of group process, case management, crisis intervention, trauma and recovery, and vocational rehabilitation.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they estimate a 15% increase in these positions between 2018 and 2028 in the U.S.1
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors, on the Internet at https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/21-1011.00 (visited June 23, 2020)
ONLINE AND ON-CAMPUS BLENDED PROGRAM