Medical Assistant / X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) Associate Degree Program
|Students are eligible to take the ARRT Limited Scope Radiography Board Exam at the completion of our RCC Program.|
What is a Medical Assistant/Medical X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) AAS?
- Working closely physicians and nurses to provide administrative support.
- Providing critical patient care across a broad range of medical services.
- Conducting x-rays of the chest, abdomen, spine, skull, extremities, and other areas of the body.
- Staying on the cutting edge of best medical practices and advances in technology.
- Operating medical equipment to extract samples and conduct scans.
- Working as part of a team to maintain clinical procedures and hospital standards.
What Career Options Are Available as a Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) AAS?
- Physician Offices
- Diagnostic Labs
- Nursing Homes
- Dental Offices
- Urgent Care Centers
- And Many More!
- Immediate Care / Urgent Care
- Dr.’s Offices with Xray Equipment – Whether it be a privately owned Dr Office or a smaller, outlying clinic in a rural area but still associated with a Hospital such as OSF, MercyHealth, Swedish American.
- Chiropractor’s Offices
- Specialty Offices such as Pain Management, Spine Centers, Imaging Centers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 18% between 2020 and 2030.1
What You Will Learn in a Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Limited Scope) AAS Program
- Advanced lessons in clinical best practices and skills.
- Course work necessary to obtain an Associate degree.
- In-depth study of medical technology needed for x-ray imaging.
- Thorough analysis of medical communication and critical thinking.
- Includes a 170-hour externship designed to gain hands-on experience.
- Real-life examples of challenges and opportunities in the healthcare world.
Upon successful completion of the program, you have the ability to sit for your medical assistant certification. Recognized by the American Medical Technologists (AMT), this certification could open additional doors to employment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us here at Rockford Career College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We may have changed names and locations over the years, but our goal remains the same: To prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 7 months
Find Out More
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=IL&g=Go, retrieved 1/10/2022.